eLitmus Verbal English Questions And Answers
eLitmus Verbal English MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal English" of eLitmus Exam. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to prepare for eLitmus Exam, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Choose the Synonyms of the following words: Gracious
Explanation: Gracious means to be pleasant or considerate in social interactions
2. Choose the Antonyms of the following words : Heartfelt
Explanation: Heartfelt means expressing a genuine feeling or sincere.
Hence, Insincere is its opposite.
3. Of course, to occupy the White House, she will first have to ward off a stiff attack from___________Republican nominee Donald Trump, the fire-breathing property billionaire.
Explanation: Presumptive : of the nature of a presumption
Presumed in the absence of further information.
4. While the doctor____________Mr. Jones this morning, his son was waiting outside.
Explanation: was waiting is in the past continuous tense and the answer needs to match the tense.
5. Arrange the sentences A, B, C and D in a proper sequence so as to make a coherent paragraph.
A. Summers never get very warm, and the summer season is exceptionally short.
B. The weather is very cold in taiga ecosystems.
C. Storms are severe, bringing biting cold winds.
D. The winter season lasts a long time, and the weather is icy cold
Explanation: B opens the paragraph by introducing Taiga systems. D carries on from the “cold” mentioned in B, and C elaborates further on what happens in the winter. A closes the paragraph by explaining the summer season.
6. Let the cat out of the ___________
Explanation: Let the cat out of the Bag
7. One Word Susbtitution : Medical study of skin and its diseases
Explanation: Medical study of skin and its diseases : Dermatology
8. The baby ________ all morning.
Explanation: Explanation : has been crying is the answer .
9. I am always the first to admit that I have not accomplished everything that I ______ achieve five years ago.
Explanation: The person has some goal and planning for five years ago.
here goal and planning replaced with set out to .
10. Ranbeer does whatever his mother was done.
Explanation: In place of was done we have to use does .