eLitmus Problem Solving and Reasoning Questions And Answers
eLitmus Problem Solving and Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Problem Solving and Reasoning" of eLitmus Exam. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to prepare for eLitmus Exam, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Aravind said – This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother. How is Aravind related to the girl?
Explanation: The girl is the wife of the grandson of Aravind’s mother
It seems that the girl is the wife of a son of Aravind.
Hence, Aravind is the father-in-law of the girl
2. If in a certain code MANAGEMENT is written as NTNAGEMAME. How DISTRIBUTE is written in that code?
Explanation: MANAGEMENT => MA – 1, NA- 2, GE- 3, ME – 4, NT – 5.
Now the code follow – 52314
Similarly for DISTRIBUTE=> DI-1, ST-2, RI -3, BU -4, TE- 5
Hence, the code will be – TESTRIDIBU
3. Seating Arrangement
Six friends are sitting in a circle and are facing the center of the circle. C is between B and D.
F is between E and A. B and E are opposite to each other. A is to the immediate right of B.
Who is just left of C?
Explanation: D is just C
4. who is sitting opposite to D?
Explanation: A is sitting opposite to D
5. Find a pair that is similar to 3: 15
Explanation: The 1st number is multiplied by the next prime number to obtain the 2nd number.
Hence 1: 2 is a perfect pair according to that rule
6. An angle facing North-East turns 180degrees clockwise and again 360degrees anti-clockwise and 270degrees clockwise. In which direction is it now?
Explanation: An angle is facing North-East direction initially, now she turns 180° in a clockwise direction. This means that now the angle is facing South-West direction. After that the angle is turned 360° in the anticlockwise direction, which implies the direction has not changed, meaning that is still facing the South-West direction. Now the angle turns another 270° in the clockwise direction. This means the angle moves towards the South-East making a 90°, North-East making a 180° and ends up in the South-East direction after the 270° clockwise turn.
7. 122, 213, 340, 509, 726, ?
Explanation: The Pattern is 5^3 - 3, 6^3 - 3, 7^3-3, 8^3 - 3, 9^3 - 3, 10^3 - 3
8. 77, 28, 64, 39, 55, X
Explanation: 77, 28, 64 , 39 , 55 , x
77- (72) = 28 ,
28+(62) =64 ,
64- (52) = 39 ,
39+ (42) = 55,
Answer : 55- (32)=46
9. If a clock takes 7 seconds to strike 7, how long will the same clock take to strike 10?
Explanation: The clock strikes for the first time at the start and takes 7 seconds for 6 intervals-thus for one interval time taken=7/6. Therefore, for 10 seconds there are 9 intervals and time taken is 9*7/6=10 and 1/2 seconds.
10. A clock showing 6 o'clock takes 30 secs to strike 6 times. How long will it take to strike 12 at midnight?
Explanation: for first strike there is no time needed.
so other 5 strikes need 30 secs.
So,each takes as (30/5)=6 secs.
Same at 12 o’clock,11 strikes time = (11*6)=66 secs.