DXC Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
DXC Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for DXC Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous DXC placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming DXC drives.
1. Fill in the Blanks with correct choice : Take this medicine and you will get rid____ the bad cold.
Explanation: Of is used here as preposition connecting to ideas of medicine and bad cold.
2. What is the synonym for ERRONEOUS
Explanation: The term ERRONEOUS refers to something that is incorrect. Wrong is the correct answer here.
3. John's father reminded him to take his umbrella.
Explanation: In the direct form "reminded " will be substituted by "Do not forget to take".
4. Fill in the Blanks with correct Articles : Let us play ___________ chess
Explanation: No articles is required.
5. Find the error in below givens series :
The school is
(a) The school is
(b) within hundred yards
(c) from my house
(d) No error
Explanation: The correct sentence will be - The school is within a hundred yards from my house. Here 'a' is used to denote one.
6. Choose the correct alternative of the sentence from given sentences : It is high time he would started earning.
Explanation: It is high time, he should now start earning It is high time means 'it is now time'. so we are talking about the possibility of a future, hence there will be 'should' in the sentence.
7. Select the word which is OPPOSITE in the meaning of the given word: MITIGATE
Explanation: Antonym of MITIGATE is Aggravate
8. Fill in the blanks : It was very kind of you to ______ the invitation as the chief guest for the meeting
Explanation: Accept means to agree to something. except means in exception of something concur and comply means to be in agreement of something, but it is suffixed by 'to'.
9. Fill in the Blanks with correct choice: Pratima and I had gone out for shopping and she liked a dress but had no money. So I had to ______ her some money.
Explanation: It will be Lend as sentence is about money so here as follows to first part of the sentence it is So I had to lend her some money.
10. Select the option that is most nearly OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word : He was AMENABLE to the whole situation knowing when it was his mistake.
Explanation: AMENABLE means obligated for a situation's. All the words have almost the same meaning except Uncooperative.