Deloitte Analytical Reasoning Questions & Answers
Deloitte Analytical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Analytical Reasoning" for Deloitte Exam. These Analytical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Deloitte placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Deloitte drives.
1. Choose the word which is different from the rest.
Explanation: All except Scallop live in shells
2. What will be the next term in the following series? A B B D C F D H E J
Explanation: There are two alternate series in the following arrangement
A B B D C F D H E J
Thus the next term will be F. Hence option D is the answer.
3. I am facing south. Turning to the left I go 20m, then turning to the right I go 15m, and turning to the right I go 10m, then turning to left I go 10m and turning to right I go 20m, then again turning to right I go 25m. In which direction am I from my original position?
Explanation: I am on the west side of my original position
4. Pointing to a man, a lady said, he is the son of my husband s daughter. How is the man related to this lady?
Explanation: Son of my husband s daughter : Lady Grandson
5. In a class of 45 students, Aravind’s rank from the top is 16th. Basha is 6 ranks below Aravind. What is Basha’s rank from the bottom?
Explanation: According to the given data : Basha rank from bottom = 45 – (16 + 6) + 1 = 24th
6. REPORT is related to UGSQUV in the same way as LONGER is related to
Explanation: The pattern is +3 +2 +3 +2 and so on
7. Statement: Should cell phones be allowed to be used in the classroom?
I. Yes. Cell phones give students access to tools and apps that can help them complete and stay on top of their class work.
II. No. Cell phones can be used by students to access information while taking a test, leading to cheating.
Explanation: If cell phones are allowed in the classroom then it has both advantages and disadvantages. Cell phones give students access to tools and apps that can help them complete their school tasks and stay on top of their class and to access information while taking a test, leading to cheating. So, both arguments are strong.
8. A training programme on Advertising is to be organized for 45 participants, fee per participant being Rs.6,000 and the duration of course is 6 days.
Explanation: Rank of the Programme Coordinator is not given. Hence, the course of action can not be decided in absence of adequate data.
9. In a row of children, Darshini is 7th from the left and Vikas is 9th from the right. When they interchange their places among themselves, Darshini becomes 18th From the left. Then what will be Vikas present position from the right?
Explanation: Present position of Vikas = (18 – 7) + 9 = 20th
10. Which of the following will come next in the following series?
a z a b y a b c x a b c d w a b c d
Explanation: a, z, ab, y, abc, x, abcd, w…next will be abcde.
So, the next alphabet will be e
Hence, the correct answer is option E.