Network Security MCQ Questions
This section focuses on "Network Security" in Cyber Security. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Cyber Security skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Network security consists of:
Explanation: Network security consists of: Protection, Detection and Reaction.
2. Which of the following we should configure your systems and networks as correctly as possible?
Explanation: Protection: You should configure your systems and networks as correctly as possible
3. Interaction between the client and server starts via the ______ message.
Explanation: Interaction between the client and server starts via the client_hello message.
4. What is true about Email security in Network security methods?
Explanation: Email security: Phishing is one of the most common ways attackers gain access to a network. Email security tools can block both incoming attacks and outbound messages with sensitive data.
5. What is true about VPN in Network security methods?
Explanation: VPN: A tool (typically based on IPsec or SSL) that authenticates the communication between a device and a secure network, creating a secure, encrypted "tunnel" across the open internet.
6. The text that gets transformed using algorithm cipher is called?
Explanation: The text that gets transformed is called plain text. The algorithm used is called cipher.
7. Security features that control that can access resources in the OS.
Explanation: Access control refers to the security features. Applications call access control to provide resources.
8. CHAP stands for?
Explanation: CHAP stands for Challenge Handshake authentication protocol. Features of CHAP: plaintext, memorized token. Protocol uses Telnet, HTTP.
9. Which of the following process is used for verifying the identity of a user?
Explanation: It is called an authentication. It is typically based on passwords, smart card, fingerprint, etc.
10. Which of these is a part of network identification?
Explanation: The answer is UserID. UserID is a part of identification. UserID can be a combination of username, user student number etc.