Cocubes Verbal English Questions And Answers
Cocubes Verbal English MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal English" of Cocubes Exam. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to prepare for Cocubes Exam, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence
Explanation: We discussed the problem so thoroughly
2. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate answer from the options given below:
The police ___________ me on my way home yesterday.
Explanation: The action took place in the past yesterday, hence a verb in the past tense is required. Stopped is in the simple past tense, referring to an action that was completed in the past yesterday, hence option D is correct.
3. What does the word infallibility mean?
Explanation: The meaning of the infallibility means not liable to error. Therefore the answer option is C.
4. Unless he ____________ this office, I will not say anything.
Explanation: The correct answer option is C. Unless means except if or only if.
(P) containing memorable letters of Churchill
(Q) a book
(R) has been published
(S) by a reputed publisher
6. For the given question, choose the alternative which best expresses the sentence in Active/Passive voice. Did he drink the coffee?
Explanation: As the given question statement is in present tense therefore it will be changed to past tense.
Did he drink the coffee? will be changed into third person asking the same question will be like Was the coffee drank by him?
7. ____ Oranges are grown in Nagpur
Explanation: No Article needed : Oranges are grown in Nagpur.
8. Mark the option which is closest to the meaning of the word given below: HUMBLE
Explanation: Polite: having or showing behaviour that is respectful and considerate of other people
Here polite is the synonym of humble
9. He felt very much grateful ____his boss for the kindness he had shown in granting him leave.
Explanation: Grateful to is the correct explanation
10. Choose the explanation that catches the spirit of the idiom given in each question : Panacea
Explanation: Panacea means a remedy for all disease.