CGI Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
CGI Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for CGI Exam. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous CGI placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming CGI drives.
1. In a certain code language COMPUTER is written as RFUVQNPC. How will MEDICINE be written in that code language?
Explanation: There are 8 letters in the word. The coded word can be obtained by taking the immediately following letters of word, expect the first and the last letters of the given word but in the reverse order. That means, in the coded form the first and the last letters have been interchanged while the remaining letters are coded by taking their immediate next letters in the reverse order.
2. A + B means A is the son of B; A – B means A is the wife of B; A*B means A is the brother of B; A/B means A is the mother of B and A = B means A is the sister of B. What does P + R –Q mean?
Explanation: Clearly, P + R - Q means P is the son of R who is the wife of Q i.e. Q is the father of P.
3. Statement: Many people in city Y are suffering from flu.
I. The Municipal Corporation should take immediate steps to control the disease.
II. People in the city should be advised to take certain measures from their end to prevent the disease.
Explanation: So here, both the options have a positive approach and objective of both the approaches is to treat and eradicate the disease.
4. A is B's sister. C is B's mother. D is C's father. E is D's mother. Then, how is A related to D?
Explanation: A is the sister of B and B is the daughter of C. So, A is the daughter of C. Also, D is the father of C. So, A is the granddaughter of D.
5. Arrange the given words in a meaningful sequence : 1. Site 2. Plan 3. Rent 4. Money 5. Building 6. Construction
Explanation: Money Site Plan Construction Building Rent
6. Choose the correct synonym out of the four choices given : Lethargy
Explanation: Impassivity means motionless or still. The word serenity means the state or quality of being serene, calm. Laxity means the state or quality of being lax (lax means lacking firmness.)
7. Give an example pertinent _______________ the case.
Explanation: Pertinent means relevant to something and the preposition 'to' is used.
8. He burnt his fingers by interfering in his neighbor's affair.
Explanation: The idiom means to suffer injury or loss by meddling or by acting rashly.
9. Statement: Anger is energy, in a more proactive way and how to channellise it is in itself a skill.
Assumptions: I. Anger need to be channelized.
II. Only skilful people can channellise anger to energy.
Explanation: In this, the author is not clearly stated whether there is a need to channellise anger into energy or not. So, I is irrelevant. In statement II it is given that channelizing anger to energy is a skill. Here the assumption of the author is that only those people who have the skill can channelize anger to energy. Only II is implicit.
10. Pointing to a photograph of a boy Suresh said, “He is the son of the only son of my mother.” How is Suresh related to that boy?
Explanation: The boy in the photograph is the only son of the son of Suresh’s mother i.e., the son of Suresh. Hence, Suresh is the father of a boy.