CGI Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
CGI Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for CGI Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous CGI placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming CGI drives.
1. If TOUR is written as 1234, CLEAR is written as 56784 and SPARE is written as 90847, find the code for CARE
Explanation: 5847 is correct answer : C - 5, A - 8, R - 4, E - 7.
2. Look at this series: 2, 1, (1/2), (1/4), ... What number should come next?
Explanation: This is a simple division series; each number is one-half of the previous number. In other terms to say, the number is divided by 2 successively to get the next result.
3. Three of the four words given below are similar in a certain way and hence form a group. Find the odd man out.
Explanation: All others are producers of goods whereas a driver renders service.
4. Here are some words translated from an artificial language.
moolokarn means blue sky
wilkospadi means bicycle race
moolowilko means blue bicycle
Which word could mean ""racecar""?
Explanation: spadivolo word could mean ""racecar"".
5. Statements: All bags are cakes. All lamps are cakes.
Conclusions:Some lamps are bags. No lamp is bag.
Explanation: Since the middle term 'cakes' is not distributed even once in the premises, no definite conclusion follows. However, I and II involve only the extreme terms and form a complementary pair. So, either I or II follows.
6. Doctor : Nurse :: ? : Follower
Explanation: Doctor : Nurse :: Leader : Follower
7. If ANACONDA is written as ANADNADN in a certain code, how will MOVEMENT be written in the same code?
Explanation: The first three letters are written in reverse order and so are the last three. The fourth letter moves one step ahead and the fifth one step backward.
8. Nest : Bird
Explanation: This is a Functional relationship. A Bird lives in a nest, the way a bear lives in a cave.
9. Five children are sitting in a row. S is sitting next to P but not T. K is sitting next to R who is sitting on the extreme left and T is not sitting next to K. Who are sitting adjacent to S?
Explanation: S is sitting next to P . So the order S,P or P,S is followed. K is sitting next to R. So, the order R, K is followed because R is on the extreme left. T is not next to P or K. So the arrangement will be R, K,P,S,T. Clearly, P and T are sitting adjacent to S.
10. In the following question, a number series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative that will same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.: 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, x.
Explanation: 1^2, 2^2, 3^2, 4^2, 5^2, 6^2 => 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36.