Aricent Logical Reasoning Questions And Answers
Aricent Logical Reasoning MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Aricent Exam. These Logical Reasoning MCQs are asked in previous Aricent placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Aricent drives.
1. Statements: A good book, even if costly, is sold
I. Some books are better than others.
II. Most of the books are costly
Explanation: ""A good book, even if costly, is sold” means that there are books which are cheaper and books which are not that good. Hence assumption I is implicit. But most of the books are costly is not implicit.
2. A person who is the husband of my son's sister is my?
Explanation: My son's sister is my daughter. My daughter's husband is my son-in-law
3. Find a pair that is similar to the given pair of numbers:- 180:90
Explanation: Clearly, the relationship here is 2x: x.
This same relationship exists in option (b).
Alphabet Analogy: In this type of analogy, two groups of letters related to each other in the same way, are given. The candidate is required to identify the relationship & choose a group of letters which is related in the same way to a 3rd group given in the question. These questions become easier to solve if you memorize the alphabetic positions of the letters in the alphabet. (eg: A=1, M=13, etc.)
4. Number Series : 3 2 2 5 5 5 7 8 8 9 11 11 ?
Explanation: There are three parallel series going on in this question. The 1st, 4th, 7th terms are using the logic of -1, 2nd, 5th and 8th terms are using the logic of +1 and 3rd, 6th and 9th
terms are using the logic of +1 again. The answer will be 11, which belongs to 1st, 4th and 7th term.
5. A man is facing north-west. He turns 90° in the clockwise direction, then 180° in the anti-clockwise direction and then another 90° in the same direction. Which direction is he facing now?
Explanation: The man initially faces in the direction OP. On moving 90° clockwise he faces in the direction OX. On further moving 180° anticlockwise he faces in the direction OY, finally on moving 90° anticlockwise he faces in the direction OZ which is south-east.
6. In a queue of children, Kashish is fifth from the left and Mona is sixth from the right. When they interchange their places among themselves, Kashish becomes thirteenth from the left. Then, what will be Mona's position from the right ?
Explanation: Total no. of students can be predicted from Kashish's position = 13 + 6 - 1 = 18.
So this implies Mona's position from the right is (18 - 5 + 1) = 14th.
7. Arrange the given words in alphabetical order and tick the one that comes in the middle?
Explanation: Place, Plain, Plane, Player, Plenty
8. Dog : Rabies :: Mosquito : ?
Explanation: The bite of the first cause the second.
9. 1.Birth 2.Death 3.Funeral 4.Marriage 5.Education
10. How is my grandmother's only child's husband's mother related to me ?
Explanation: My grandmother's only child is my mother. My mother's husband is my father. My father's mother is my grandmother.