This tutorial features a brief knowledge of CouchDB, the procedures for setting it up, and how CURL communicates with the CouchDB server. It also tells us how to create, update and delete databases and documents.
CouchDB Tutorial provides basic and advanced concepts of CouchDB. Our CouchDB Tutorial is designed for beginners and professionals both.
NOTE :-Before you begin to proceed with this tutorial, we are assuming that you have a brief knowledge of Basic Sql, MySql Database and a basic understanding of databases.
RDBMS is concerned with relational database management system. Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS) such as MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Postgres and SQL Server use SQL as their standard database language.
In RDBMS, data is stored in database objects like tables. A table is a collection of related data entries and it contains columns and rows. It stores only structured data.
What is CouchDB?
Apache CouchDB is an exciting database management system that is growing in popularity each day.CouchDB is a document-oriented database management system, released under the open source Apache License. In contrast to most database systems, it stores data in a schema-free manner.
Features of CouchDB
Most attractive features of CouchDB:
1. Replication :-Couchdb gives you the simplest form of replication, no other database is so simple for replication.
2. Validation :-Couchdb provide authentication to ensure the creator of the document is the one who is logged in.
3. Security :-Database-Level Security is provided by couchDB.Readers can both read and write to the database.
4. Session Support :-CouchDB allows you to keep authentication open via session cookies like web applications .
5. JSONP for Free :-If you update your configuration to allow jsonp = true then your database is a cross domain accessible to GET requests.
6. ACID Properties:-The CouchDB file layout follows all the attributes of the ACID properties. Once the data is entered in the disk, it will not be overwritten.
7. Map/Reduce List and Show:-MongoDB and CouchDB is map/reduce system.
8. Document Storage:- CouchDB follow document storage system.