Data Structure MCQ - Matrix
This section focuses on the "Matrix" in Data Structure. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Data Structure skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. What is the order of a matrix?
Explanation: The order of the matrix is the number of rows X number of columns.
2. How do you allocate a matrix using a single pointer in C? (M and N are the number of rows and columns respectively)
Explanation: Total number of elements in the matrix will be M*N
3.Which of the following don’t use matrices?
Explanation : Sorting numbers don’t use matrices.
4. Matrix A when multiplied with Matrix C gives the Identity matrix I, what is C?
Explanation : Any square matrix when multiplied with its inverse gives the identity matrix. Note that non square matrices are not invertible.
5. What is the relation between Sparsity and Density of a matrix?
Explanation : Sparsity of a matrix is equal to 1 minus Density of the matrix.
6. Who coined the term Matrix?
Explanation: James Sylvester coined the term Matrix.
7. Who coined the term Sparse Matrix?
Explanation: Harry Markowitz coined the term Sparse Matrix. James Sylvester coined the term Matrix. Chris Messina coined the term Hashtag and Arthur Cayley developed the algebraic aspects of a matrix.
8.Which of the following is not the method to represent Sparse Matrix?
Explanation : Heap is not the method to represent Sparse Matrix.
9. Which one of the following is a Special Sparse Matrix?
Explanation : A band matrix is a sparse matrix whose non zero elements are bounded to a diagonal band, comprising the main diagonal and zero or more diagonals on either side.
10. Which of the following is the way to represent Sparse Matrix?
Explanation : Sparse Matrix Representations can be done in many ways following are two common representations : Array representation and Linked list representation