HCL Verbal Ability Questions And Answers
HCL Verbal Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Verbal Ability" for HCL placement drives. These Verbal Ability MCQs are asked in previous HCL placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming HCL drives.
1. A word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Choose the correctly spelt word.
1. scriptare 2. skripture 3. scripture 4. Scripcher
Explanation: Scripture is the correct option
2. Choose the option which is synonymous with the word: Astound
Explanation: Meaning of Astound is: shock or great surprise, calm means not showing or feeling nervousness, clean means free from dirt, obscure means not known to many. Hence the answer option D, i.e. amaze is the correct choice.
3. Choose the Antonyms of the following words : Enslave
Explanation: Emancipate : set free, especially from legal, social, or political restrictions.
4. He loves to solve programming problems _____ most efficient ways.
Explanation: He loves to solve programming problems in most efficient ways.
5. Re-arrange the parts of the sentence so as to make a meaningful sentence.
A. The prime minister
B. with the guards
D. has arrived
Explanation: The prime minister has arrived along with the guards
6. Guilt is to Past as Hope is to _______.
Explanation: We usually guilt for our past sins or mistakes.Similarly,We hope for good things in future. Hence, future is the correct answer.
7. He lives ____ Hyderabad. He lives ____ 48 tilak street?
Explanation: He lives in Hyderabad. He lives at 48 tilak street?
8. At a function to inaugurate the world-class terminal of Thiruvananthapuram International Airport, the Prime Minister said the Centre's policy on airport ____________ was to stay ahead of demand and to _____________ the maximum share of traffic in the region.
Explanation: Option D is the most relevant of all.
9. Find of which part of the sentence below has an error and mark the option accordingly
Explanation: When asked has an error.
10. Choose the option which is Antonym with the word: Virtuous
Explanation: Being Virtuous is having or showing high moral standards, honest means truthful and sincere, unethical means something not morally correct. Scrupulous means being very attentive to details and imperative means of vital importance. All options but C have a positive meaning to it. Hence the answer option C is the correct antonym option.