PostgreSQL MCQ Questions And Answers
PostgreSQL MCQs : This section focuses on "Basics" of PostgreSQL. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the PostgreSQL skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Which of the following is true regarding PostgreSQL?
Explanation: PostgreSQL (pronounced as post-gress-Q-L) is an open source relational database management system (DBMS) developed by a worldwide team of volunteers.
2. PostgreSQL, originally called ?
Explanation: PostgreSQL, originally called Postgres, was created at UCB by a computer science professor named Michael Stonebraker.
3. Using psql, you can generate a complete list of commands by using the ________ command
Explanation: Using psql, you can generate a complete list of commands by using the help command.For the syntax of a specific command, use the following command : postgres-# help
4. Which syntax is used to Change the definition of a procedural language?
Explanation: Change the definition of a procedural language : ALTER LANGUAGE name RENAME TO new_name
5. The below command is used to?
ANALYZE [ VERBOSE ] [ table [ (column [, ...] ) ] ]
Explanation: Collect statistics about a database : ANALYZE [ VERBOSE ] [ table [ (column [, ...] ) ] ]
6. The ________ type stores a currency amount with a fixed fractional precision.
Explanation: The money type stores a currency amount with a fixed fractional precision. Values of the numeric, int, and bigint data types can be cast to money. Using Floating point numbers is not recommended to handle money due to the potential for rounding errors.
7. Geometric data types represent?
Explanation: Geometric data types represent two-dimensional spatial objects.
8. How many types of SQL bit there?
Explanation: Bit String Types are used to store bit masks. They are either 0 or 1. There are two SQL bit types: bit(n) and bit varying(n), where n is a positive integer.
9. A meta-command always begins with what?
Explanation: A meta-command always begins with Backslash character ().
10. We add data to PostgreSQL by using which statement?
Explanation: We add data to PostgreSQL by using insert statement.