Clipping MCQ Questions And Answers
Clipping MCQs : This section focuses on "Clipping" in Computer Graphics. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Computer Graphics skills required for various interviews (campus interview, walk-in interview, company interview), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. The primary use of clipping in computer graphics is to remove?
Explanation: The primary use of clipping in computer graphics is to remove objects, lines, or line segments that are outside the viewing pane
2. Point clipping tells us whether the given point X,Y is within the given window or not.
Explanation: True, Point clipping tells us whether the given point X,Y is within the given window or not and decides whether we will use the minimum and maximum coordinates of the window.
3. Which clipping algorithm is used for polygon clipping?
Explanation: Sutherland Hodgeman polygon clipping algorithm is used for polygon clipping. In this algorithm, all the vertices of the polygon are clipped against each edge of the clipping window.
4. How many methods for text clipping there?
Explanation: There are three methods for text clipping : All or none string clipping, All or none character clipping and Text clipping
5. A __________ is a collection of pixels that describes an image
Explanation: A bitmap is a collection of pixels that describes an image
6. Which vertex of the polygon is clipped first in polygon clipping?
Explanation: In polygon clipping, first the polygon is clipped against the left edge of the polygon window to get new vertices of the polygon. So, it is the top left which is clipped first.
7. The Cohen-Sutherland algorithm divides the region into _____ number of spaces.
Explanation: The Cohen-Sutherland algorithm divides a two-dimensional space into 9 regions and then efficiently determines the lines and portions of lines that are visible. The portions are visible in the central region of interest.
8. Liang–Barsky algorithm is a __________ clipping algorithm
Explanation: Liang–Barsky algorithm is a line clipping algorithm. The Liang–Barsky algorithm uses the parametric equation of a line for clipping operations.
9. We can resize the bitmap image.
Explanation: We cannot resize the bitmap image. If you try to resize, the pixels get blurred.
10. The concept of line clipping is same as point clipping?
Explanation: Yes, The concept of line clipping is same as point clipping. In line clipping, we will cut the portion of line which is outside of window and keep only the portion that is inside the window.