Cognizant Logical Reasoning Ability Questions And Answers
Cognizant Logical Reasoning Ability MCQs : This section focuses on "Logical Reasoning" for Cognizant Exam. These Logical Reasoning Ability MCQs are asked in previous Cognizant placements/recruitment exams and will help you to prepare for upcoming Cognizant drives.
1. A is the son of B. C is the daughter of D. E is the mother of C. F is the brother of C. How is F related to E?
Explanation: C is the daughter of D. E is the mother of C. Therefore, F is the son of E.
2. Which of the following words would correctly decode the word ZHOFRPH if the simple alphabet shifting code is used?
Explanation: After shifting three place backward of the coded word ZHOFRPH, we get WELCOME.
All pens are pins.
No tag is a pin.
All papers are pens.
I. No pin is a tag
II. All papers are pins
III. All pins are definitely not tag
Explanation: I: from II => No tag is a pin => No pin is a tag
II: All+ All = All from I and III => true
III: From II => All pins are definitely not tag => true
4. Choose the odd one :
Explanation: Except grapes all are flowers
5. Arrange in Order :
Explanation: Based on size arrangment is done :
Bicycle < Car < Tractor < Truck < Yacht.
6. What is the value of x?
I. The square of x is 36
II. x(x-6) = 0
Explanation: From statement 1, x = 6 or -6
From statement 2, x = 0 or 6
The answer is C because when the information from both statements is taken together x = 6
7. Find the missing number : 1, 2, 6, 24, ?, 720
Explanation: The given series is the pattern x1, x2, x3, x4, ?
so, the missing term = 24 x 5 = 120
8. Find the missing number : 16, 24, 48, 120, 360, 1260, ?
Explanation: The given numbers series is based on the following patterns :
16 x 1.5 = 24
24 x 2 = 48
48 x 2.5 = 120
120 x 3 = 360
360 x 3.5 = 1260
∴ ? = 1260 x 4 = 5040
9. Thermometer: Temperature:: Barometer:?
Explanation: The thermometer is used to measure to Temperature similarly Barometer is used to measure Pressure
10. A man is facing towards the west and turns through 45° clockwise, again 180° clockwise and then turns through 270° anti-clockwise. In which direction is he facing now?
Explanation: The man firstly faces the direction OA. On moving 45 degree clockwise
[Please check carefully always if clockwise or anticlockwise], he faces the direction OB. Now again he moved 180 degrees clockwise, now he will be facing OC.
From here he moved 270 degree anticlockwise, Finally he is facing OD, which is Southwest.