Pay Per Click MCQs
11. What are the steps in the buying funnel?
Explanation: The first step in the buying funnel focuses on potential customers first learning about a product (awareness) and wanting to learn more (interest). The next step focuses on them considering what product/service to buy (consideration), following which they purchase. The last step focuses on customer retention/lifetime customer value.
12. What is the difference between semantic and syntactic match types?
Explanation: Semantic match types focuses on the meaning of the search term to match with your keywords and syntactic focuses on the words themselves regardless of the meaning.
13. If you are building a brand new PPC account; and you want to start with your top converting terms, where is a good place to research where to find these terms?
Explanation: Your analytics account should have a breakdown of your top search queries, especially if you've also added Google Search Console to your analytics account. This is good research to utilize to see how people are finding you and your previous conversion rates on these types of words.
14. What is the advantage of using multi-ad group testing?
Explanation: Multi-ad group testing aggregates data across ad groups and lets you find the best headlines or descriptions and insights across the ad groups in a test.
15. Which ad extension allows you to send traffic to different pages on your website?
Explanation: Sitelink allows you to create a short line of text that links to a specific page on your website about that text.
16. What is an affinity audience?
Explanation: Affinity audiences are comprised of users who have shown a long term interest in a topic, such as shutterbugs who are interested in cameras and taking pictures. These users may or may not be currently in the market for a new product.
17. Where do you create a remarketing list?
Explanation: You can create a remarketing list in Google Ads or Google Analytics. If you create remarketing lists in Google Analytics, you must connect Google analytics to Google Ads to use your list in your Google Ads targeting.
18. What is an advantage of using bid rules?
Explanation: When you use bid rules, you can change bids based upon various conditions such as your keyword is below your target CPA or above your target ROAS. This lets you automate your manual bids with conditional rules.
19. When you need to create thousands of ad groups, what is the best tool to use?
Explanation: The Google Ads Editor allows you to import bulk data from a spreadsheet into the editor and then post it to your account. This is the easiest way to create many ad groups at once.