Quantitative Aptitude Questions and Answers - Partnership
11. X, Y, Z are engaged to do a certain piece of work for Rs.8200.Y and Z are to execute 15/26 of the work
together. Amount to be paid to X is
Explanation: Y and Z are execute 15/26 of week
11/26 of work completed by X
X's share of revenue
12. Tarani and Ruba invest in a business ratio 7:8. If 24% of the total profit goes to charity and Ruba 's share
is Rs 1506. Then then profit goes to Tarani and Ruba is
Explanation: Let total profit =X
Balance profit after =76%of X
Ruba's share =76/100 *x*8/15=1506
Then the profit =3715*76/100=Rs2823
13. Jaya and sona invested amount of Rs 10000 and Rs 5000 respectively in their business. What
percentage of the share of the profit that should be given to Jaya such that ratio of income is equal for both at
the end of year?
Explanation: Ratio of invest of jaya & sona =10000:5000 =2:1
Income of both at end of year is equal, then
Income is divided into 50 parts.
Income be 100%, then 1st part =25 ,2nd part=25,
14. Murugan, Anwar, Joseph started a business by a share of 7:8:9. The time for which they invested was
4:2:3. The difference in the profit of Murugan and Joseph is what % of Anwar?
Explanation: Ratio of investment =7:8:9
Ratio of time=4:2:3
Ratio of profit =28:16:27
= (Joseph - Murugan)/ Anwar =(28-27)/16*100
15. Among 3 persons, P, Q, R the profit of R is equal to two-fifth of the sum of one-third profit of P and onethird of Q. If at the end of the year total profit is Rs 12750, then find the average profit of P and Q?
Explanation: R=2/5(1/3 P+1/3 Q)
Take R=2x, P+Q=15x
Total profit =15x+2x =12750
Average profit of P&Q =750/2 *15=5625
16. X, Y, Z started a business by a share of 8:6:9. The time for which they invested was 6:7:8. The difference
in the profit of X and Z is what % of difference in the profit of Zand Y?
Explanation: Ratio of investment =8:6:9
Ratio of time =6:7:8
Ratio of X,Y,Z=48:42:72
(X-Z)/(Z-Y) = 4/5 *100 =80%
17. Saranya began a business with Rs 84000 and he joined by shalu with Rs 72000. At the end of the year
their profit ratio 14:4 then after how many months does shalu joins the business?
Explanation: Saranya invests Rs 84000 for 12 months
shalu invests Rs 72000 for X months
Ratio of both profits,
Saranya: shalu =84000*12:72000*x
14/4=14/X => X = 4months
18. Ajay and vijay entered into business with capital in ratio of 5:7.after 5 months Ajay withdraws 4/7 th of his
capital and vijay withdraws 2/7th of his capital. At the end of 8months there was a profit of Rs 4470. Then find
Explanation: Profit ratio of Ajay & vijay,
Profit of vijay =3360/42 *25
19. Keerthi and Kavi invest in a business in the ratio 7:5. If 10% of the total profit goes to charity and
Keerthi’s share is Rs.2625 the total profit is.
Explanation: Let the total profit be Rs.100
After playing to charity, keethi's share = Rs(90 * 7/12)
If keerthi's sghare is Rs.52.5 total profit = Rs 100
If keerthi's share is Rs. 2625
Total profit = (100/52.5 *2625)
20. Three partners shared the profit in a business in the ratio 7 :8 :9. They had partnered for 16 months, 10
months and 9 months respectively. What was the ratio of their investments?
Explanation: Let their investments be Rs.x for 16 months, y for 10 months , Z for 9 months
Then 16x : 10y :9z = 7:8:9
Now 16x / 10y = 7/8
128x = 70y
16x/9z = 7/9
144x = 63z
Z = 144x/63
X:Y:Z = x:64x/35 :144x/63
X:Y:Z = 2205:4032:5032.