Output Devices MCQ Questions And Answers
Output Devices MCQs : This section focuses on "Output Devices" in Computer Fundamentals. These Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) should be practiced to improve the Computer Fundamentals skills required for various interviews (campus interviews, walk-in interviews, company interviews), placements, entrance exams and other competitive examinations.
1. Monitors are also known as ?
Explanation: Monitors, commonly called as Visual Display Unit.
2. How many kinds of viewing screen used for monitors?
Explanation: There are two kinds of viewing screen used for monitors : CRT and Flat-Panel Display
3. CRT stands for?
Explanation: Cathode-Ray Tube (CRT) Monitor
4. How many types of printers?
Explanation: There are two types of printers : Impact Printers and Non-Impact Printers
5. This printer is like a drum in shape hence it is called drum printer
Explanation: True, This printer is like a drum in shape hence it is called drum printer
6. Which of the following is a name of plotter as well as a printer?
Explanation: Drum is the name of a plotter as well as a printer. Drum printers have a predefined set of characters and print one line at a time. Drum plotters is an ideal device for architects and others who need to generate high-precision hard copy graphics output of widely varying sizes.
7. Name the device that converts text information into spoken sentences
Explanation: A speech synthesizer converts text information into spoken sentences. It is used for reading out text information to blind people. Allowing people to communicate effectively.
8. Which of the following is a temporary output?
Explanation: There are only two types of outputs: hard copy and soft copy. Soft copy output is temporary and vanishes after use. Hard copy output is permanent in nature and can be kept in paper files, etc.
9. Which of the following Advantages of Dot Matrix Printer?
Explanation: Advantages : Inexpensive, Widely Used, Other language characters can be printed
10. Impact printers print the characters without using the ribbon
Explanation: Non-impact printers print the characters without using the ribbon. These printers print a complete page at a time, thus they are also called as Page Printers.